Friday, July 18, 2008

Ten Things

I have also been inspired by the "ten things" list, as I called my friend Heidi the other day and exclaimed,"WOW... I think I just learned more about you in 30 seconds then I have known in the past 2 years". We as moms are so busy beings "moms", there is little time to tell each other about our previous lives (which I know is a shock for many that we actually had them). So thanks Heidi for all the new info.

Here it goes:

1)I used to sell SPAM Luncheon meat for a living...Yes this is not a joke, I worked for Hormel Foods Corporation (in Dallas, Texas, Houston, Texas, and Portland, Oregon) for 6 years and sold a variety of lovely processed food items (just for you Taira). Some other items I sold included: PIGS Feet, Vienna Sausage, Hormel Chili, Olive Oil, and the newest variety of SPAM--Tabasco flavored SPAM for our favored Texans.

2) I have a Bachelors degree in Business with an emphasis in Marketing, a Secondary degree in Gerontology with an emphasis in Long Term Care Administration, and a Masters in Business Administration (currently not using these either..but someday FOR SURE)!

3)My Awesome Dad is a Minister, along with my AWESOME 88 yr old Grandpa. My AWESOME Mom is a nurse practitioner. My younger brother, Nate has a Master's in Education and works for a Top Ten Recruiting company in Chicago. My baby brother Josh, has Bachelor's Degree in Finance and works for a Fortune 100 Company as a Financial Analyst.

4) I grew up in Minneapolis, Minnesota, where I lived for 17 years. My parents moved our family to K.C. right before my senior year of High School (yes can you say I was a bit mad....okay pissed!!!)

5)I played the piano for nearly 15 years, and the flute in band (Yikes did I just say that). I was also a Hockey Cheerleader in High School (and yes I cheered on ice skates..hey Hockey is bigger then football in MN!)

6) I swam competitively...and started on AAU swim team at the age of 6. I never stopped swimming, until after my sophomore year of college. Its all about the Butterfly baby!

7)I HATE Mayonnaise and Olives...definitely do not put these in my food...the funny thing is my 3 kids LOVE both of these SPREADS!

8) I am 100% SWEDISH!!!

9) I fell in LOVE at the age of 20!

10) I am very TYPE A and have high expectations and very little patience, but my sweet kiddo's and God are teaching me everyday how to have more and more ( and less and less). And my SWEET husband...I could not do LIFE without him...he makes it all worth it!!! Thanks Baby and Cheers to nearly 15 years!!

2 comments:

Taira said...

Okay, no surprise, but #1 made me gag!

The Coon's said...

love it!...I too had no idea! I like the hockey cheerleading! how fun!