Saturday, October 04, 2008

Please pray!

As many of you know my Uncle Stu has Multiple Myeloma (bone cancer). He has lived with this disease since 1999. Many of you met Stu at Relay for Life last August where he walked with many of you. Well the time has come to ask for your utmost prayers as he battles for his life.

Stu was scheduled for a bone marrow transplant in September, and before he could undergo this invasive procedure her underwent chemotherapy. While in the hospital he fell and bruised his brain. Because Stu was undergoing CHEMO his white counts, and platelet counts were down (this means he cannot fight infections of any kind!) He unfortunately has not recovered from the brain trauma. The doctors are leaving it in our hands...which means prayer. I believe in the power of prayer so much, and if I did not I would not be soliciting you to pray. So, please I ask you to keep Stu Lindell in your prayers this week as he struggles to fight for his life.

He is currently 57 years old, and has 1 daughter Brooke, who is a freshman at K-State. His wife Barb is amazing and is also battling breast cancer herself.

Please specifically pray for:

Stu as they move him to hospice care in K.C. this week
Barb's comfort with the hospice move and pray that she will have a sense of peace
Brooke as she takes all this in
Stu's extended family



FYI...Picture to the right..is
Brooke, Barb and Stu
( what is so funny is before
Stu got so sick, he was pretty
mad that the only pic we had
of him was in the "gay" sweater)
So I have to love this picture.
He totally hates it! Love you
Uncie Stu!!! Stu's website is:http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/stulindell

2 comments:

Kelsie said...

We're on it! What a beautiful family!

The McGuffin's said...

I am so sorry to hear this, I will do my best. God Bless you and your family.